Sunday, April 14, 2013

Module 10-masks

This mask is an example of an Ecuadorian mask.  There is good use of pattern and color to express what they want the viewer to feel.


This is tha famous and most common Mardi Gras mask.  They are made in a variety of colors and designs.  Patten is used to represent oposites and color is used to help alternate the oposite ideas.

This is the typical spiderman mask.  It used line and dark color to show power and line to represent a spider web.

I selected these pieces because they are famous masks that represent different things and have different interpretations around the world.


This is the sketch of my mask.

This is my 3-D mask.  The material I used was paper mache.  I used watercolor to color the mask.  I went with dark colors for power like the ones I researched.  The colors are used in a way of balance.  It is used equally throughout the mask.  This is like the representation from the Mardi Gras masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment